© Nicholas Watts
Vine House Farm is one of the UK’s leading wild bird food providers. They grow the vast majority of their bird seed on their conservation award-winning farm in south Lincolnshire. When you buy Vine House Farm bird food, 2.5% of the value of your order is donated to your local Wildlife Trust.
Vine House Farm birdfood has delivered £1,000,000 in royalties for The Wildlife Trusts and to celebrate this incredible milestone, we would like to say #ThanksAMillion.
Read the full story on our news feed here.
The Wildlife Trusts are proud to partner with Vine House Farm Ltd. Wildlife is a priority on this conservation award-winning 1800 acre arable farm in south Lincolnshire. The measures which have been put in place over decades, from dedicated barn owl towers to wild field margins, mean that wildlife thrives alongside successful farming.
Just as farmers are vital to the wellbeing of our countryside, gardeners too manage a vast area. By feeding wild birds you enhance the habitat in your garden and help to provide vital stepping stones by which wildlife can permeate the wider landscape, bringing more and more people into contact with the wonders of the natural world.
As much as possible, Vine House Farm bird seed is grown, mixed and packaged on the farm and what can’t be grown in the UK is carefully sourced.
Donating to NWT
What’s more, by buying Vine House Farm bird food you are supporting your local Wildlife Trust and helping to protect and restore your local wild places and wildlife. 2.5% of the value of your order is donated to Northumberland Wildlife Trust. Since 2007 over £400,000 has been donated to The Wildlife Trusts, which means:
- More protection for 2,300 nature reserves cared for by The Wildlife Trusts and safeguarding species and habitats across the UK
- More support for Living Landscape schemes where Wildlife Trust are working with land-owners, businesses and local communities to restore nature at a landscape-scale
- More opportunities for people to discover and enjoy nature – Wildlife Trusts run thousands of events and our vital education work is helping the next generation to discover the natural world
It is the combination of wildlife-friendly farming, wildlife-friendly gardening, the opportunity to further our work and a high quality product, grown and sourced sustainably, which makes The Wildlife Trusts and Vine House Farm natural partners.
- Download the Vine House Farm Bird ID & Feeding Chart
- Watch this bird feeding video produced by Stephen de Vere. It offers a comprehensive guide to feeding garden birds with footage of common and less common species. The different types of feeders and foods are explained, and how they can be combined and best positioned in order to attract specific species.
- Read this document about feeding the birds in your garden
Visit Vine House Farm today and start feeding birds in your garden!