Wildlife charity set to thank National Lottery players
Over the last quarter of a century, support from The National Lottery, through National Lottery Heritage Fund grants has made a huge and lasting difference for people, wildlife and wild places across the UK.
Since the first draw in 1994, The National Lottery has raised over £40 billion for good causes, including more than 840 fantastic Wildlife Trust projects. This funding has been crucial for projects on land, at sea and within communities all over the UK and in this region.
As part of the #ThanksToYou National Lottery celebrations Northumberland Wildlife Trust’s Hauxley Wildlife Discovery Centre (funded by National Lottery players, via a National Lottery Heritage Fund grant) will be offering a cup of free tea or filter coffee to National Lottery players between Saturday 23 November and Sunday 1 December.
To receive their free beverage, all players need to do is present any valid lottery ticket or National Lottery Scratch card - either a hard copy ticket or a digital ticket in the Lookout Café.
Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive of the National Lottery Heritage Fund, said: “As we celebrate our landmark 25th birthday, we are enormously proud to have funded hundreds of projects led by Wildlife Trusts across the UK. Through our conversations with National Lottery players, we know that natural heritage is incredibly important to them, and our partnerships with Wildlife Trusts ensure that it will be preserved for future generations, to discover and enjoy for years to come.”
Jenna Berry, Hauxley Wildlife Discovery Centre Visitor Experience Officer says: “Thanks to National Lottery players we’ve been able to do some fantastic work over the Druridge Bay area over the years.
“Hauxley Wildlife Discovery Centre is now a vital part of the local community and is testament to the value of National Lottery players. So whether you play in a syndicate, buy a ticket or tickets each week or have only ever played once, why not come along to Hauxley and see what your money has been spent on?”
Offer Terms and Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides one free regular tea or coffee from the Lookout Café at Hauxley Wildlife Discovery Centre.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- Tickets to be shown at the till in the café when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets to take up this offer.
- The offer is valid from Saturday 23rd November until Sunday 1st December.
- Visit our Visitor Centre page here for more information including opening hours.