1. General complaints
Northumberland Wildlife Trust want to exceed your expectation in everything we do. However, we know that there may be times when we do not meet our own high standards. When this happens, we want to hear about it, in order to deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to stop it happening again.
We take complaints very seriously and we treat them as an opportunity to develop our approach. This is why we are always very grateful to hear from people who are willing to take the time to help us improve.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure that is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- To make sure everyone in our organisation knows what to do if a complaint is received.
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To learn from complaints and feedback to help us to improve what we do.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, in line with relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with Daniel Venner, from our team of Directors.
How to make a complaint
Complaints should where possible be in writing and sent to:
Northumberland Wildlife Trust
St Nicholas Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
Or emailed to email@example.com
2. Complaints about fundraising
Northumberland Wildlife Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice.
In accordance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Complaints Policy, a complaint must be made to Northumberland Wildlife Trust within 12 weeks of the fundraising incident or communication of which the complaint is made.
If after four weeks following the complaint, the matter has not been addressed or you do not feel that your concerns have been resolved satisfactorily by Northumberland Wildlife Trust, you can refer your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator (England & Wales only). Concerns should be raised with the Fundraising Regulator within eight weeks following the complaint.
10 St Bride Street
0300 999 3404
Further assistance with regards to your complaint about fundraising can be sought from the following organisations:
England and Wales
Isle of Man
3. Complaints about how we look after your personal data
If you have made a complaint about how we capture, use or store your personal data, and you do not feel that your concerns have been resolved satisfactorily by Northumberland Wildlife Trust, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose remit covers the UK.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113